I preach the importance of keeping track of just about everything you do in business – keeping score if you will.
Just like in sports – the score is what matters. Business and sports are about winning and losing and the only way you know if you are moving in the right direction is keeping score.
With all that in mind, here is my score card for last year:
- I worked with 42 different clients
- The largest client had over $21,000,000 in revenue, the smallest, right at $100,000 in revenue.
- By number of employees, my largest client employed 191 people, the smallest client was a Solopreneur (1 employee, themselves).
- Total revenue for all my clients was a little over a $100,000,000.
- My clients directly employed over 450 people.
- My most typical client had revenues of $2,500,000 and employed around 20 people
- The greatest success for a client was net profit growth from -$100,000 to net profit of $385,000
- Of the 42 clients, only 1 of them is not profitable today, but that client’s net loss shrank by over 31%.
- All 42 clients had positive revenue gains. The largest growth in revenue was over 200%
- I worked in over 19 different industry segments that included manufacturing, web development, wholesale trade, social media, banking, insurance, fitness, food service, hospitality, amusement, legal, marketing, advertising, construction, consulting, financial services, accounting, and non-profit.